Below are some questions our office gets asked quite often. If you don’t see your question listed, email us at busofc@sf.edu or call 260.399.8004 with your questions and one of our staff members will be happy to assist you.

Why do I have a Business Hold on my account?

There may be a few different reasons why you have a Business Hold on your account. Please check your account balance. If you have a remaining balance after loans, scholarships, grants and awards have been applied, your account will have a Business Hold. Once your account is paid in full, the hold will be removed. If your account balance is zero and you have a Business hold, please contact the Business Office.

If you have a balance and you have not received all of your loans, scholarships, grants and awards and you have completed all of the necessary documents, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Why doesn’t my bill reflect any or only a portion of the scholarships, grants awards or loans that I am expecting?

There can be many reasons why those items are not included on your bill. If you have completed all of the necessary documents and have been awarded an aid package for the year, contact the Financial Aid Office to check your status.

When will I receive my refund?

Refunds of a credit balance resulting from Title IV federal aid, will be processed within 14 days from the date they are applied to your student account. Students can log into the Student Account Center at sf.afford.com and click on Student Refunds “get started” to choose how they would like to receive any future student account refunds for which they may become eligible. The options include direct deposit or a University of Saint Francis Discover prepaid card.

Can I pay my bill in installments?

Yes. A variety of payment plans are available to students. We have partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to provide flexible payment options. Please visit sf.afford.com or call 800.722.4867 for additional information.

Can a parent or guardian make a payment online?

Yes. Anyone can make a payment on a student’s account by knowing their student ID number. Click on the “Make a Payment” link for a onetime payment.

What is a book voucher and how do I get one?

When a credit balance is anticipated on a student’s account as a result of their federal financial aid package, they are eligible to request a book voucher. A book voucher allows the student to receive in advance, a portion of their anticipated refund check to purchase books and supplies at the Campus Shoppe. The advance is credited to the student’s OneCard account, if approved. Instructions are available if you need help requesting a book voucher.

What is the 1098-T form?

The 1098-T form is necessary if you will be claiming the American Opportunity Tax Credit or the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit on your taxes. This form is available on the Student Finances page in My Cougar Connection and a copy will be mailed to you by the January 31st deadline. For questions about tax credits, please contact your tax advisor or visit the IRS website and review Publication 970.